Ready to get your home in tip-top shape this season? Don’t worry! We have your back with our ultimate spring cleaning tips guides! So grab your cleaning supplies and hit play on your favorite music playlists because it’s time to get to cleaning!
Spring Cleaning the Kitchen
Let’s start things off in the heart of the home, the kitchen! When spring cleaning any room it is important to categorize your cleaning in three categories. Cleaning, maintenance, and purging! Here is our cleaning list for the three categories.
- Remove items that don’t belong in the Kitchen
- Clear & clean the countertops
- Wipe down your backsplash
- Clean stove top and burners
- Clean the hood vent
- Clean and organize the refrigerator
- Clean and organize the freezer
- Deep clean your oven
- Deep clean your dishwasher
- Deep clean your sinks
- Deep clean your garbage disposal
- Vacuum refrigerator coils
- Disinfect your trashcan
- Clean out and organize your cabinets (don’t forget under the sink)
- Clean out and organize your drawers
- Clean and organize the pantry
- Clean and organize herbs and spice racks
- Clean and disinfect drying racks
- Clean small appliances (coffee machine, blender, toaster…)
- Clean and polish cabinetry
- Deep clean floors
- Deep clean pots, pans, cookie sheets, and bakeware
- Sanitize cutting boards
- Clean windows, and window-sill
- Wash/dry clean window treatments
- Disinfect all door and cabinetry knobs and pulls
- Disinfect light switches
- Clean light fixtures
- Clean air vents
- Wash rugs, and runners
- Clean table linens
- Clean seating and cushions
- Disinfect tables and legs
- Re-fil soap pumps
- Expired food & medicine
- Old utensils, plates, bowls and cups
- Plastic containers
- Un-used small appliances
- Throw out worn dish towels or recycle them for cleaning use
- Add new needed kitchen supplies to your shopping list
Your main kitchen surface is your countertops and it is important to clean them properly! If you have natural stone countertops such as granite and marble, harsh chemicals should not be used on these surfaces! A good everyday cleaner is lukewarm water and a mild soap, but since we are in the process of deep cleaning our kitchens we have the perfect DIY cleaning solution for your countertops.
DIY Countertop Cleaner
Items You Will Need
- Dish Detergent (mild)
- Lukewarm Water
- Spray Bottle
- Soft Dish Sponge Or Micro-fiber Cloth
- Isopropyl Alcohol
1. Soak the cloth with warm water:
Fill up your sink with warm water and include a few drops of your mild dish detergent. At that point take your cloth and dampen it with water.
2. Wipe off the granite counters:
Take the sodden cloth and wipe away crumbs and spills.
3. Dry your granite tops:
Dry and buff your countertops with a delicate terry fabric towel or a microfiber material to abstain from streaking your natural stone countertops.
4. Make a water and isopropyl mixture:
To disinfect, and expel any cleanser buildup, reestablish you will need to blend a 50/50 arrangement containing water and isopropyl alcohol.
5. Clean and sparkle:
Take the mix and spray it on your surfaces and let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse the counter with water and dry with a microfiber cloth.